December 15, 2011

Dilip Kumar has praised me... now, I don't care what other critics have to say: Big B

New Delhi: Amitabh Bachchan is overjoyed after being lauded by iconic yesteryear actor Dilip Kumar in a blog, where the senior actor said that Big B deserves an Oscar.

Bachchan, 69, said that he needs no other endorsement after being appreciated by the man who has been his inspiration.

"There are actors and there are actors and there is Dilip Kumar, Dilip Saheb, Yusuf Khan! From the moment I saw him in film I knew he was the ultimate inspiration for me.

"Today he posts a generous comment on me on his Twitter account, and I have nothing more to say but this - I do not care for any comment from any critic, colleague. I do not care for any opinion from anyone," Bachchan wrote on his blog.

"This below is the the most endearing and lasting endorsement that any actor could receive. I feel today after 42 years in the industry, that there is a fulfilment of thought and value. Nothing greater could have been asked for, nor received. I believed in a man who to me represented the ultimate. He was he is and he shall always be, The Dilip Kumar," he added.

Dilip Kumar, 89, wrote a blog addressing Bachchan saying that it was unfortunate that his film 'Black' missed an Oscar nomination.

"In recent times, I can remember 'Black' and, if I remember right, Saira and I were at a loss for words at the premiere night, after the curtain came down, to express our myriad feelings of admiration for your outstanding performance.

"It is a pity the film missed the Oscar nomination. If any Indian actor, in my personal opinion, deserves the world's most coveted award, it is you," he added.

(PTI)

0 comments: