March 24, 2012

Interview with Nargis Fakhri: I am not dating Shahid Kapoor

Nargis Fakhri believes in saying the truth, unluckily all that has been so far said in the media, isn't so

Once again you are in the news for your alleged linkup with an actor. What's the truth about Shahid Kapoor and you? 

I am not dating Shahid Kapoor. I met him while performing at an awards ceremony. It was my first and I was nervous. Shahid was supportive. We have been friends since then. Can't one have both guy and girl friends? Why is having dinner, lunch or coffee with a friend such a big deal?

You flew down with Shahid for his birthday in Goa and then were spotted at a five star having dinner... 

For his birthday, I was invited. I thought I would have a nice time with people I know. I never thought it would become such a big deal. As for the dinner, a common friend planned it. Five of us met up after a long time.

You've been linked to Ranbir Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali earlier... 

They were just rumours. And I can't be bothered with them.

Does it feel weird to be constantly scrutinized? 

It comes with the job. But I would like the media to tell the truth. I am someone who will happily say the truth. I don't feel the need to hide from anyone. I see nothing wrong in love or being in love.

Rockstar was a big hit. But the critics were a bit harsh on you. Is that why you are waiting to sign your next project? 

I am not being choosy. There are things in the pipeline. I don't want to rush. I did not know what to expect from Rockstar. Later, I realised how lucky I was. Critics had no idea how hard I had worked. But it's fine. I realise that this is an unforgiving business. I take all the criticism positively.

0 comments: